1. State-Owned Enterprises in Latin America... Again? Old Problems, New Solutions (Book manuscript in preparation)
2. Does the Bond Market Discipline State Owned Enterprises?
3. Turnover in State-Owned Enterprises (preparing for submission)
4. State Ownership Reinvented? Examining Performance Gaps between State-Owned and Private Firms (under submission)
5. State-Owned Enterprises in Brazil: History and Lessons (OECD Working Paper)
6. Leviathan in Business: Varieties of State Capitalism and their Implications for Economic Performance
7. State-Owned Multinationals: An Agency Approach (in preparation)
1. New Varieties of State Capitalism: Strategic and Governance Implications, Academy of Management Perspectives 29-1 (2015) (with Sergio G. Lazzarini and Ruth Aguilera).
2. What Do State-Owned Development Banks Do? Evidence from BNDES, 2002-09. World Development 66 (February 2015) (with Sergio G. Lazzarini, Rodrigo Bandeira de Mello, and RosileneMarcon)
3. Governments as Owners: State Owned Multinational Companies, Journal of International Business Studies, 45-9 (2014) (with Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra, Kannan Ramaswamy, and AndrewInkpen)
4. Leviathan as a Minority Shareholder: Firm-level Implications of Equity Purchases by the State ,Academy of Management Journal 56-6 (December 2013) (with Carlos F. K. V. Inoue and Sergio G. Lazzarini)
5. In Strange Company: The Puzzle of Private Investment in State-Controlled Firms Cornell International Law Journal 46-3 (2013) (With Mariana Pargendler and Sergio G. Lazzarini)
Latest article on the Petrobras Corruption Scandal in Brazil, in Foreign Affairs Latin America
Interview with the Ivey Business Journal (mostly on SOEs in China and Canada)
Online debate on State Capitalism: Aldo Musacchio vs Ian Bremmer
**A critical review of Ian Bremmer's book G-Zero in Reuters The great Debate blog