Papers by David Buchsbaum
The papers below are those that are available electronically, either as archived or as converted to pdf files from personal files. As most of my papers were
written before the advent of computers, let alone TeX, the early papers that have not already been archived are necessarily missing.
- Exact categories and duality Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 80 (1955),
- Homological dimension in Noetherian rings (with M. Auslander)
Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 42 (1956), 36-38.
- Homological dimension in local rings (with M. Auslander) Trans.
Amer. Math. Soc. 85 (1957), 390-405.
- Homological dimension in Noetherian rings II (with M. Auslander)
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 88 (1958), 194-206.
- Codimension and multiplicity (with M. Auslander) Ann. of Math.,
68 (1958) 625- 657.
- Corrections to `Codimension and multiplicity' (with M.
Auslander), Ann. of Math. (2) 70 (1959), 395-397.
- On ramification theory in Noetherian rings (with M.
Auslander), Amer. J. of Math. 81 (1959) 749-764.
- Unique factorization in regular local rings (with M.
Auslander), Proc., Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 45 (1959), 733-734.
- A Note on Homology in Categories, Ann. of Math, 69 (1959), 66-74.
- Satellites and Universal Functors, Ann. of Math, 71 (1960), 199-209.
- Some remarks on factorization in Power Series Rings, J. of Math and Mechanics, 10 (1961), pages 749-753.
- Invariant factors and two criteria for projectivity of modules
(with M. Auslander), Trans. Amer. Soc., 104 (1962), 516-522.
- A generalized Koszul complex, I Trans. Amer Math. Soc., 111
- A generalized Koszul complex, II, Depth and multiplicity (with
D.S. Rim), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., ~111 (1964), 197-224.
- A Generalized Koszul Complex.III. A Remark on Generic Acyclicity (with D.S. Rim), Proc. Amer. Math. Soc, Vol 16, Number 3, June, 1965, pages 555--558.
- Complexes associated with the minors of a matrix Symposia Mathematica/INDAM, Vol IV, 1968/69, pages 255--283.
- Complexes and ideals' resolutions Séminaire Dubreil. Algèbre, tome 28, no 1 (1974--1975), exp. no 21, p. 1--8
- Algebra structures for finite free resolutions, and some
structure theorems for ideals of codimension 3 (with D. Eisenbud), Am. J.
of Math. 99 (1977), 447-485
- Resolutions of Determinantal Ideals: The Submaximal Minors (with K. Akin and J. Weyman), Advances in Math, Vol 39, No. 1, January 1981, pages 1--30
- Schur Functors and Schur Complexes (with K. Akin and J. Weyman), Advances in Math, Vol 44, No. 3, June 1982, pages 207--278
- Projective Resolutions of Weyl Modules (with G-C Rota). Proc.
Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, vol 90, pp 2448-2450, (March, 1993)
- A New Construction in Homological Algebra (with G-C Rota).
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, vol 91, pp 4115-4119, (May,1994)
- On Lifting Maps between Weyl Modules: Can Bad Shapes Be Resolved
by Better Shapes? (with R. Sánchez). Advances in Math. vol 105 No. 1
(1994) 59 - 75.
- Approaches to Resolutions of Weyl Modules Abstract published
in Proceedings of Conference on Syzygies and Geometry, Northeastern
- Intertwined with Maurice Representation Theory and Algebraic
Geometry, (A.Martsinkovsky and G. Todorov, eds.),Cambridge University
Press (1997) 31-43.
- Intertwining Numbers; the Three-Rowed Case (with D. Flores de
Chela). Journal of Algebra, Vol 183, pp 605-635, (1996).
- Letter-Place Methods and Homotopy Mathematical essays in honor
of Gian-Carlo Rota. Birkhauser (1998) pp. 41-62.
- On commutative algebra and characteristic-free representation
theory J.Pure and Appled Algebra. vol 152. pp. 41-48, (September, 2000)
- Approaches to resolution of Weyl modules (with G-C Rota).
Advances in Applied Mathematics, Vol 27, Number 1, July 2001, pages 82-191
- Homotopies for resolutions of skew-hook shapes (with Brian
Taylor). Advances in Applied Mathematics, Vol 30, Number 1-2, February, 2003, pages 26-43
- Homotopy equivalence of two families of complexes (with G. Boffi) Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., Vol 356, Number 8, February, 2004, pages 3077--3107
- A characteristic-free example of a Lascoux resolution, and letter-place methods for intertwining numbers European Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 25, Issue 8, November, 2004, pages 1169--1179
- Alla Ricerca Delle Risoluzioni Perdute. Rend. Sem. Mat. Univ. Pol. Torino
Vol. 64, 4 (2006) Syzygy 2005, pages 373--379
- On the Littlewood-Richardson rule for almost skew-shapes (with G. Boffi). Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., Vol 136, Number 4, April, 2008, pages 1155--1161
- Resolutions of three-rowed skew- and almost skew-shapes in characteristic zero (with M. Artale). European Journal of Combinatorics, Vol 31, Issue 1, January, 2010, pages 325--335
- Hilbert Revisited. Conferencies FME (Barcelona), Vol VI, Curs E. Noether, 2008-2009, pages 151--168
- Selections From the Letter-Place Panoply. Commutative Algebra.
Expository Papers Dedicated to David Eisenbud on the Occasion of His 65th Birthday, Springer, 2013.
Editors: Irena Peeva
- Complexes in Local Ring Theory CIME 1965, pages 223--228.
And here's a link to my recent book with G. Boffi: Threading Homology Through Algebra: Selected Patterns, Oxford University Press (June, 2006).
to my home page.
Last updated: December 20, 2010