Q: Where do I go to look for/apply for on-campus jobs?

Here is the link:

Before one can start working on-campus, the student must go to Student Financial Services office and complete the following paperwork:
1. Fill in the "I-9" and "W4" and then they will issue a Blue card.
2. Get "New hire/Rehire form".
3. For international students, they need to fill in a "Foreign nationals information form" with the original copy of their I-20, passport and I-94.

Q: How many hours am I allowed to work?

During the academic year, US students may work up to 40 hours per week. International students may only work up to 20 hours per week.

Q: Where can I get more information about off-campus jobs and internships?

The Career Services Office at IBS will be more than happy to help you and direct you to various resources available to help you find information about off-campus jobs and internships.

Q: How do I apply for a social security number?

1. You can apply in your home country before you come to the United States when filing an application for an immigrant visa with the U.S. Department of State. In almost all cases, if you apply for a Social Security number and card with your immigrant visa application, you do not have to visit a Social Security office in the United States.
2. You can visit a Social Security office in person. (This is what US Students must do.)

Q: Requirements- Work eligibility

To apply for a Social Security number to work in the United States, you must show current immigration documents with work authorization. Immigration documents proving work authorization include Form I-94 (showing a class of admission with DHS work authorization), Form I-766, I-688B or I-551.