Brandeis Quantitative Biology Boot Camp 2013
- Each group should sit at
an adjacent computers and work cooperatively on one of the experiments
- Open this web page: http://people.brandeis.edu/~gelles/qbve/2013
- Download the all the files for your experiment:
- The Word or PDF document(s)
you downloaded describe your experiments. Read them.
- Run Matlab
- Drag all of the .m and .p
files you downloaded into your Matlab working directory
- Run experiments according
to the instructions in the handout
- Collect numerical data
- Think about ways to
analyze and plot your data
- Make plots that show your
- What conclusions can you
draw about the biological system you are studying?
- There will be coffee and
snacks in the adjacent break room midway through the morning. Please, no
food or drink in the computer room.
- Have fun and ask questions
if you run into any problems or need help with Matlab.
- Each group should make a
2-3 slide Powerpoint presentation of their
results and conclusions, and select one or more group members to speak for
<5 min about them.
- Preface your Powerpoint file with a title slide that says which
experiment you worked on and the names of your group members. By noon, email the file to email@example.com.
Thanks to these individuals who
helped develop these virtual experiments:
Jeff Gelles, Jane Kondev, Paul Miller