The house is a 20-30 min walk from downtown Oak Bluffs, 5-7 min drive.
The house is completely furnished, has everything for the bedrooms and the kitchen, electric, heat, gas, telephone (local service), kayaks, and the breathtaking beauty of the location on the Lagoon bluff and the stairs directly to the water! The ONLY additional fee is for cleaning and laundry of linens, $120. (There are all possible linens in the house and towels, incl. beach towels. However, the cleaning person can only wash 2 loads of laundry, so I recommend bringing own bed linens and towels, and just leaving for her those used from the house supplies.)
You can see lots of pictures of the house and of the Lagoon area where it is situated, in the photo album below. Click on the image to view the album. You can find more photos of the cottage on the photos page!
In addition, here is some more info:
[Browse Martha's Vineyard Cottage photo album]
Here is the website and info about the ferry to the Vineyard from Woods Hole on the Cape:
- Situated in Oak Bluffs, right on the Lagoon, with an amazing view
- Fully furnished 2-story, 5-room cottage, carport, 2 kayaks
- 3 bedrooms: master (queen size bed); guestroom (full size bed); bunk
room (bunk beds, sleeps 4); also, 2 additional couches in the living room
Crib available if needed. Sleeping capacity 8 people (with liv.rm couches, may fit 10)
- 1 + ½ bathrooms, + outdoor shower
- Laundry: washer and dryer. Vacuum. Fans.
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Beach equipment available. Some linen and towels available, but mostly bring your own
- All utilities and local telephone service included in the rent
- House cleaning and laundry fee $120
- Digital TV with DVD player. High speed Internet, incl. wireless. Cable TV.
- No dishwasher
- No pets allowed
- No smoking
Steamship Authority, Phone: 508-477-8600.