The Pre-Veterinary Society Constitution
The goal of the Pre-Veterinary Society is to provide students interested in veterinary medicine with information about: working in the field, how to gain experience in the field, the academic track that needs to be followed, and how to apply to vet schools. To include the Brandeis community, the Pre-Veterinary Society seeks to create
volunteer opportunities and increase animal care awareness
II. Club Officers:
1. Schedule, organize and run meetings
2. Notifications to club members
3. Help organize events
1. Help president with organization of meetings and events.
2. Work with Activities Coordinator to plan and organize events.
1. Board meeting note taking
2. Publicity and outreach to campus
3. List serve: creating, maintaining and adding new members.
1. In charge of fund allocation and distribution.
1. Plan and organize events such as:
- Guest veterinarian speakers
- Talks by admissions people from near by veterinary schools
- Community service (such as volunteer days at animal shelters)
- Advising programs on what academic track to follow and how to apply.
III. Definition of a Member:
IV. Election of Officers:
V. Nature and Frequency of Meetings:
VI. Constitution and Amendments:
VII. Statement of Non-Exclusivity:
The Pre-Vet Society is open to all members of the Brandeis Community. The Pre-Vet Society does not discriminate against members on the basis of sex, religion, sexual preference, class, age, nationality or physical ability.
VIII. The Pre-Vet Society is asking to be chartered.