What I've Done
Director of Community Advocacy, Student Union Executive Board
- Found and advocated for a cell phone reception amplifier to be placed in lower Usdan. The amplifier was installed at the beginning of March and now all students have cell phone reception in lower Usdan.
- Organized a fundraiser to help a predominately black church that was burned down in hate after election night. Titled Combating Hate, this fundraiser featured donated food by Waltham restaurants, Brandeis performance groups, and a speech from the bishop of the church. We raised over $2,300, but more importantly we showed the commitment of Brandeis students to social action and service.
- Helped in the initiation of the Clubs in Service program, a program that encourages all clubs to have a community service component.
- Currently working towards a Brandeis-Riverside shuttle.
- Assisted in organizing a fundraising dinner to help women in Rwanda who were raped by soldiers in the Rwandan genocide. The dinner is this Tuesday, March 31, in Levin Ballroom.
- Currently assisting in the Rights and Responsibilities Review Committee where I will continue to advocate for increased student rights and a more transparent conduct procedure.
North Quad Senator
- Planned North and Massell Quad outreach events to connect the freshman quads to the Student Union.
- Worked towards better connecting the student body to the Student Union as a part of the Outreach Committee.
- Published a new edition of the Stall Street Journal (an outreach publication placed in the stalls of quad bathrooms).
President of Squash Club
- In one semester, led the squash club from being virtually inactive to a competitive team.
- Led the Squash Club through the process of joining the Club Sports program.
- Next year the team will compete in several tournaments and attend Nationals at Yale University.